Wednesday, March 14, 2012

No need for Kid Kustomers!!!




            As a mother I very much disagree with the advertisement and most of the shows my daughter watches.  I hear everyday "I want that, I want that!!!  Mom, Mom, MOM come look, hurry, hurry you’re going to miss it!!!  Can I get that for my Birthday?  Not only is my daughter doing this but I 'v witnessed other children as well.  Schlosser state's that "McNeil never advocates turning children into screaming, breath-holding monsters" yet he dose anyways.  I don't believe most of today's television is based around kid studies like they say.  I'm not saying they’re not studying children and television, I just don't think the actual TV stations are based on these studies.  Advertisement is a huge in our country and they get it in everywhere they can.  Children's Channels are just one of the way's to get their advertisement out.  Schlosser's states that American children watch up to twenty-one hours of TV every week which is roughly one and a half months of TV every year.  That means during that year children who watch about twenty-one hours of TV they get their thirty thousand TV commercials.  All though my daughter started watching TV as an infant.   "Baby Einstein" movies “which are very effective in the learning area by the way”.  She benefited from it a lot.  Unlike regular TV like for example “sponge bob” studies stated that show actually makes children stupid.  As long as it is educational then ya let's watch.  I do not approve of children advertising it is not fair to the children to fill their heads up with useless knowledge hence the Budweiser and Camel advertisement.  Would you want your children to be exposed to Beer and Cigarettes?  Parents are always going to be the ones that listen to the facts, the advertisement and the commercials because we are the one's providing for our children not the children.  We know what's best for them so why advertise on the children stations when there are plenty of adult stations to leave the kids out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment