Thursday, February 9, 2012

Our definition of a thesis

Here is our collaboratively developed thesis statement definition. I hope you find it useful while drafting your essays over the weekend:

Thesis statement: A theory, 1 sentence to 5 sentences in length, that is put forward as a premise to be maintained or proven through factual evidence, used as an ideological basis for your paper; it's an appetizer before your essay.






I have also created a new page on our class website where you can access important handouts and assignments. The assignment sheet for the first essay is posted there. If you have happened to misplace your handout or weren't in class to receive one, you can find it there.

I also want to take a moment to say that I thought you guys had some great topics developing in class today, and I'm very excited about reading your essays.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment