Tuesday, February 28, 2012

And I thought Pee Wee was scary...

Well, I didn't even want to finish the damned reading...  It was just too creepy for my likes.  The fact that companies, even cigarette companies, have, are, and will continue to target little kids as young as TWO really astonishes me.  And then the fact that market researchers can do shit like host "Slumber Parties" for kids, and the fact that parents even go along with it at all, only makes me lose even more of what little faith I have in humanity.  It reminds me of this one story I was once told about where there were two super-powered corporations that controlled the very lives of all of the people of the world, and competed against each other to attempt to increase their global influence.

Also, a good example of children demanding stuff from their parents is never hard to find in the Nome region.  Hell, many parents from the villages will do near anything to pacify their children.  They don't care if the child loses it's teeth by the age of six, if the kid wants juice or "pop", all the kid needs to do is scream.  And if anyone knows the effectiveness of blackmailing a parent, it would be me.  If there's ANY type of fact that needs to be kept away from the opposite party, a child such as I was would brandish it as their weapon of choice in an instant...

Unlike some of the other posts, I won't try to analyze the author.  I really don't care about him.  Though he DOES have a disturbingly provocative subject.

Am I the only one who just had to say "Dafuq?!" at the mention of parents allowing their children to go to "Slumber Parties" with so-called market researchers?  Disgusting...

No comments:

Post a Comment